- Issue politicization and social class: how the electoral supply activates class divides in political preferences. Forthcoming in the European Journal of Political Research.
- Class and social policy in the knowledge economy. Forthcoming in the European Journal of Political Research. With M. Pinggera, S. Häusermann, and M. Enggist.
- Attitudinal Polarization Towards the Redistributive Role of the State in the Wake of the COVID-19 Crisis. Forthcoming in the Journal of Elections Public Opinion and Parties. With Reto Bürgisser and Silja Häusermann.
- Changing classes, changing preferences: how social class mobility affects economic preferences. In West European Politics (2020), 43(6).
- Recipient of the Gordon Smith and Vincent Wright Memorial Prize, 2020.
- Evaluations of the Quality of the Representative Channel and Unequal Participation. In Comparative European Politics (2018), 16 (3). With Enrique Hernández
- Diffuse Support for the European Union: Spillover Effects of the Politicization of the European Integration Process at the Domestic Level. In Journal of European Public Policy (2017), 24(8). With Hanspeter Kriesi and Besir Ceka
- The Corrosive Effect of Corruption on Trust in Politicians: Evidence from a Natural Experiment. In Research & Politics (2017). With Enrique Hernández.
- The Political Consequences of Corruption Scandals: Main Findings and Challenges. in: Tumber, H., and S. Waisbord. (Eds.) (2019), The Routledge Companion to Media and Scandal. Routledge. With Sofia Breitenstein and Enrique Hernández
- The “winners” of knowledge economies? Material trajectories, subjective status and political behavior among women and service workers (2021-2024). PI: Macarena Ares. Funded through Beatriu de Pinós Fellowship (MSCA Cofund 2020).
- Looking the other way? Selective media exposure and the electoral punishment of corruption (2020-2021). Funded by “la Caixa” Foundation. PIs: Macarena Ares and Enrique Hernández [Project Website]
- ERC Welfarepriorities research project. Member of the Research Team. PI: Silja Häuserman [Project Website]
- The Myth of Voter Losses to the Radical Right, Friedrich Ebert Stiftung Policy Paper (2021). With S. Häusermann, H. Kitschelt, T. Abou-Chadi, D. Bischof, T. Kurer, M. van Ditmars, and M. Wagner.
- Mass public attitudes on social policy priorities and reforms in Western Europe. WELFAREPRIORITIES dataset 2020, Welfarepriorities Working Paper Series n°1/20, (2020). With Silja Häusermann, Matthias Enggist, and Michael Pinggera.
- Education as the (not so) great equalizer: new evidence based on a parental fixed effects analysis for Spain, European University Working Papers SPS 2017/6. With Fabrizio Bernardi.
- School Size Policies: a Literature Review. OECD Education Working Paper No. 106 (2014).
Work in progress
- Attitudinal constraint in welfare priorities: Political interest and welfare publics. Paper prepared for the Annual Conference of the European Political Science Association (2019), June 20-22 in Belfast. With M. Enggist, S. Häusermann, and M. Pinggera.
- The Limits of Solidarity. Changing welfare coalitions in a transforming European party system. Paper prepared for the Annual Conference of the Swiss Political Science Association (2020), February 3-4 in Lucerne. With M. Enggist, S. Häusermann, and M. Pinggera.
- Class voting in post-industrial economies: A comparative and longitudinal approach [Book Project]
- Political Fiascoes and the Evaluation of Politicians: Quasi-experimental evidence. With Enrique Hernández.